Over the years there have been many debates about John Deere vs Case IH. In this post I am going to discuss some reasons why you should buy each of these brands, and why you shouldn’t.
Founded in 1837, John Deere has been around for a long time. The company has changed over the years with the change of times. They have embraced those changes and have tried to help those connected to the land.
John Deere’s core values are integrity, quality, commitment and innovation.
When looking to buy a tractor, you have to keep its lineage in mind. Where they came from, where they are going and how they are going to get there.
Founded in 1842, Case IH is a global leader in agricultural equipment. It has its headquarters in the United States.
Case IH is a brand of CNH, which is a majority owner of the Fiat Group. Their values are develop the most powerful, productive, reliable equipment to meet today’s needs.
John Deere vs Case IH history summary
Each company has its own history. Case IH’s history has a bit more shuffling in it, with acquisitions and new companies off shoots. However, John Deere’s history is straight forward. They have been just John Deere since their beginning.
Should this have any impact on your decisions, not really, but it is good to note.
Why you should buy John Deere
- John Deeres keep their value really well. So, if you plan on selling the tractor down the line, it is a good choice.
- Because John Deere is so well used across North America it is very easy to get parts.
Why you shouldn’t buy John Deere
- Because John Deeres’ keep their value so much, they are more expensive than most brands.
- Replacements parts are expensive as well, so be sure you make the right choice.
- As I mentioned John Deeres’ are generally more expensive, so it is harder to get money to afford one.
Why you should buy Case IH
- Case tractors retain their value for the most part. Depending on what tractor you have, you can get a better sell value for it later.
- Case IH parts are widely available across North America, so if you need to replace anything, you will be able to find it.
- They have a lower price tag than John Deeres.
Why you shouldn’t buy Case IH
- Some models are more expensive.
- Resell value is a bit lower than John Deere.
In terms of price. John Deere’s are more expensive than Case IH generally. That is not to say that you can’t find a cheaper John Deere or Case IH. You just have to shop around. Sometimes the best used farm equipment is online, and you don’t need to go to a dealer at all. In that situation, you have many options available to you both Case IH and John Deere, it just depends on your situation.
Conclusion of John Deere vs Case IH
It doesn’t matter which brand you support, what is really important is what fits your needs. If a John Deere fits your needs, choose the John Deere. If a Case IH fits your needs, choose a Case IH.
These two brands are expensive because they are so well-recognized, so if you are new farmer these are out of your reach. There are other possibilities out there, but it really boils down to what you need, and what you can afford.
John Deere vs Case IH which one do you choose? and why?